The Phoenix Chamber Music Society was incorporated in 1960 and opened its first season in 1961 with a series of four concerts at the Phoenix Art Museum, performed by a quartet of Phoenix Symphony Orchestra members. The following season, the society brought three touring groups to play before sold-out audiences at Longview Elementary School and, before long, we moved to the Kerr Studio. Louise Kerr (1891-1977), An avid chamber music player, was a founder and enthusiastic supporter of the Society. She, and co-founder, Lewis J. Ruskin proved to be a magical team and, in 1975, the Society outgrew the Studio and moved to the Scottsdale Center for the Arts. We continue our commitment to bring the finest chamber music in the world to the Valley for our 60th season at Central United Methodist Church.
Executive Director Janet Green
Please feel free to call anytime during business hours. Office: 602-252-0095